In the United States, the Thanksgiving holiday represents a time to gather with loved ones (virtually this year) to savor and celebrate the bounty of our planet through delicious food and positive spirit. These values could not be more important to Eat BlueTM, and so, on this special day we would like to provide a few resources to have a safe and sustainable holiday.
- Where Does Our Feast Come From? In 2016, World Wildlife Fund (WWF) Magazine put out an incredible guide explaining the many resources that go into producing our mouth-watering Thanksgiving meal. The article also provides suggestions on how to make meaningful choices to protect our beautiful planet.
- Navigating Thanksgiving in the Times of COVID-19. 2020 has been a taxing year for many of us. Thanksgiving represents a time to rejuvenate our tummies, hearts and minds, but we must be mindful of safety this year. The Washington Post provides several helpful guidelines to ensure we are being smart and safe while still enjoying the much-needed family time.
- Thanksgiving Central. The Institute of Agriculture & Natural Resources at the University of Nebraska – Lincoln provides a wholistic and informative guide to Thanksgiving through different recipes, food safety recommendations and health and wellness tips.
- Food Security For All. It is important for us to recognize that not everyone is able to enjoy a delicious and nutritious meal. Non-profit institutions like Feeding America provide us with ways to help families in need this Thanksgiving. If you choose to volunteer, we ask that you remain mindful of COVID-19 Safety Precautions.
- Saying Thank You to Indigenous Communities. We invite you to learn more about the indigenous populations that have nurtured and cultivated our native land for centuries. We cannot ignore the hardships that these peoples have faced and the important part they play in our world’s food security. Thrillist provides an informative guide to learn about and support our indigenous communities.
We thank you for the important role that you play as a steward of healthy people and a healthy planet. May this day be one that is filled with cheer, gratitude and scrumptious food!